Monday, June 4, 2007

Home on the range

"Give me the luxuries in life and I will willingly do without the necessities." - Frank Lloyd Wright

Appropriate quote to read while traveling back business class. Got to use the Lufthansa business class lounge in the Frankfurt airport with free snacks and drinks instead of sitting downstairs with the economy masses. I usually only get to use lounges when traveling with my dad who has a cajillion frequent flier miles and access to those types of places. Business class is especially nice when it's not your own money. Wider, reclining seats, great food, free booze and a personal entertainment system. Choice of movies, tv, music videos, video games all available whenever you want. I watched 4 movies in order to stay awake on the 10.5 hour flight from Frankfurt to Denver. Was awake about 24 hours before crashing in my own bed. It was worth it to quickly get on the local time schedule. I haven't had much of a jet lag problem.

When security in France checked my laptop bag, they joked about needing to confiscate the Milka bars stashed in there. Thank goodness the 4 bottles of wine in my checked bag made it with no problem - though I had a note that TSA had looked in my suitcase. I'd be surprised if they hadn't.

It was great to see so many of you this weekend. Can't wait to see my family in the next few days.

No comments: