Monday, October 1, 2007

Go Lions!

I went to Lawrence for my 15 year high school reunion this weekend. It was fairly impromptu and casual, as there isn’t usually a 15 year reunion but Mike & Grady decided they wanted one so they put together. There was a small turn out but it still was fun to catch up with some classmates – most of whom I’d known since 7th grade. I couldn’t believe how many names I couldn’t remember though faces looked familiar. I didn’t feel so bad because a lot of us were whispering “who’s that?” to each other. In defense, LHS 1992 was a graduating class of 540. We went to the LHS football game where the Lions got spanked by Olathe East, had a picnic on Saturday and then hung out at Johnny’s that night. I got to reconnect with a few friends I hadn’t seen since graduation and chat to others I haven’t seen since the 10 year reunion. It was very enjoyable. It’s unfathomable that it’s been 15 years; amazing that most of us have grown up into real live adults.

I was able to only spend an hour with my sister on Sunday. Had to head out early because of storms moving in. JT started crying because he couldn’t go on a ride with Aunt Jen. Scrunched up eyes, hung down head, crocodile tears. Broke my heart and I had crocodile tears as I drove away.

No comments: