Monday, March 3, 2008

The ordinary

Well, I don’t have anything exciting to relate with me. Life has been fairly routine lately. That’s not a bad thing, but there just doesn’t seem to be much outside of ordinary life.

I had high tea Saturday with Heather at Aunt Hattie’s Tea Room. It was delicious and we were stuffed with cold strawberry soup, tea sandwiches, chocolate covered strawberries, and scones with clotted cream and lemon curd. Yum!

I started projects that are more time consuming than expected. I began loading my cds into iTunes. This is a big job since I have about 150 cds. I have about 1/3 loaded so far. I did what was only right & proper and loaded my Waterdeep collection in first. Spring cleaning purge feeling is coming on. I'm going through 2 years worth of magazines (Real Simple, Better Homes & Gardens, and Midwest Living) and ripping out only the recipes & gardening info I want to keep and recycling the rest. I’m compiling the clippings in a notebook. Doing taxes last week meant purge time for the filing cabinet and a garbage bag full of the shreddings.

Among my friends there were 5 babies (welcome Gavin, Eli, Levi, Nathan & Isabella) and 1 engagement (congrats Amy!) in a week’s time.

2 comments:

Lacy said...

Did you load any of Waterdeep's newer stuff? I just got Lori's album and the "Time Machine Heart Attack" or whatever it's called.
Makes me miss the coffee shop/arise days!!
(Original Arise that is....you know what I mean)

Jennifer said...

You have to tell me how to get Lori's new album! Listening to the "Sink or Swim" cd always reminds me of when Don & Lori sang "both of us will feel the blast" at Travis & Jennette's wedding shower. The latest Waterdeep cd I have is "Whole 'Nother Deal".