Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Rock Chalk Championship!

Rock Chalk, Jayhawk! KU!!
The Kansas Jayhawks are the NCAA Basketball National Champions!! Wow! So exciting! I went to Tennessee this weekend to visit Hannah (more on that later when I have a chance to upload pictures) and made it home midway through the game. What a comeback – a win in overtime. Yeah, baby!
I flew out of Memphis and my KU t-shirt got a lot of looks and a few comments.
Dad called the second the game was over, “ROCK CHALK!”
Made me wish I was in Lawrence. I was in 8th grade 20 years ago when Danny & the Miracles won the championship vs. Oklahoma. Dad was working in Miami, so Mom took us girls to the Burkheads, who live right off campus, to watch the game. The town erupted with honking horns when the game ended. Would have been awesome to have been there last night.
How sweet it is!

No comments: