Sunday, May 9, 2010

Week 18

May 3: I have let Diesel start sleeping under my bed again. He has to get down on all fours and belly-crawl under there, but he loves it. I tell him "it's nighty-night time" and he heads into my bedroom and crawls under the bed.
May 4: I met up with a girl at College Hill Park. It was a gorgeous evening.
May 5: I used Laurie's avocado salsa recipe for Alina's birthday party potluck; it was big hit.
May 6: Our walk at Sedgwick County Park on a gorgeous late afternoon.
May 7: After 13 years in Wichita, I finally made it to Carriage Crossing Restaurant in Yoder. A friend organized our evening trek there and 20 of us went. Yoder is an Amish community about 45 minutes northwest of here.
It's known for it's amazing down-home cooking. Country-fried steak, mashed potatoes & gravy, and glazed carrots.
And their selection of pies...chocolate peanut butter. I think I ate a week's worth of calories in one meal, but it was delicious.
May 8: I attended a backyard dance party for a friend's birthday...all decked out with disco balls.
May 9: I made some cookies for Diesel to give to Una. She is our special neighbor lady who is a God-send. She comes by every weekday to let him out and play with him after lunch.

No comments: