Thursday, May 19, 2011

Los Angeles

I had the opportunity to spend a long weekend in Los Angeles.  I have been there a few times but have never done a lot of the tourist stuff.  My friend Hillary lives there now and offered to be my tour guide.  It was a great weekend and I got to see a lot of LA.
On Friday, I went straight from the airport to Disneyland.  I hadn't been there since 1980 when we went with Grandma and Grandpa Marshall.  It was crowded but we got to ride everything I wanted to and saw the fireworks show. 


On Saturday we started out by going to Griffith Park.  Went to the observatory where you can see the Hollywood sign.
Then down to Hollywood Boulevard at the Chinese Mann Theatre and the Walk of Fame.
Lunch was In-N-Out Burgers.  Yum!

Then on to Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive where we saw a Bucati hanging on.
Then to the Santa Monica Pier.
After dinner in Little Ethiopia, we went by the La Brea Tar Pits and the art museum which has this cool lamp post installation outside.
 On Sunday I went to Huntington Gardens.  Beautiful! The Japanese Garden, the Rose Garden, and the Cactus Garden.


I got to have a Sunday dinner with Aunt Sharon & Uncle Ted as well as some cousins & their kids. 
Then Hillary and I went to downtown LA for a little more sight seeing before I left.  We rode Angels Flight - the world's shortest railway - up the hill.  It was a great, full weekend!

No comments: