Monday, May 2, 2011

LOVE Wichita

Our biblestudy had a surprise engagement party for Gayle (center) who got engaged over the weekend. We are so excited for her & Shaun!
 I made some special wedding cake shaped sugar cookies for her.
Friday night, my roommate and I ate at Tanya's Soup Kitchen.  It had been an Wichita institution but I never ate there.  It ws closed for several years and recently reopened.  We went to check it out. 
 Liz had the tomato basil and I had a pesto minestrone.  Delicious! Definitely going again.
 LOVE Wichita was this Saturday. It is a once a year day of service that the churches get together to love on our community.  This year 40 churches and 4000 people participated.  Pathways had a project to ourselves.  We scraped and painted this house and did some landscape clean up.

 The finished product.  It was a long day but well worth it.  The homeowner was so blessed.

No comments: