Monday, July 30, 2007

Costa Rica - part 1

I made it back safe and sound from the mission trip to Costa Rica. It was wonderful and exhausting. I want to process a little and have some profound thoughts to write down so it may be a few days until I get more posted on the trip. I also will have pictures to post.
The country is beautiful. I got burned to a crisp on our beach day despite two applications of sunscreen. The ministry we worked with was amazing. Had a blast helping pour concrete - seriously. The kids at the daycare & children's home were so much fun. The Ticos (Costa Ricans) were great to work with. Had interesting experiences serving with a feeding program in very marginal areas of San Jose. Did a kids' party & feeding at a squatters camp. And developed good relationships with people on our team.

No comments: