Friday, November 9, 2007

The Accidental Opera

I went to see Little Women last night at WSU with a friend & two of her daughters. We thought it was going to be a play, but it was an opera (did you know WSU has an opera performance dept?!). Umm. The 7 year old loved it but the 9 year old didn't. I'm more inclined to agree with the 9 yr old. I love musicals but operas are a whole different bag. Maybe it's the style, maybe it's the non-stop singing, but I wasn't loving it. Maybe it was that Little Women is an opera in English - not exactly the most lyrically lilting language in the world. I admit the only other opera I've seen was a marionette opera in Salzburg, Austria when I was 15. So I promise to give a non-English opera a try before I say no to it entirely.

On a pop-culture note, check out Peyton Manning's priceless peptalks for a good chuckle. You can even personalize them with your name.
http://www.priceless.com/peptalks

No comments: