Friday, December 4, 2009

I went to Lawrence for Thanksgiving. Hannah & Jonathan and the boys came home for 2 days. Sharon & David & JT were over for awhile each day as well. So it was lots of family time. Got to play with the boys for while. JT & Marshall play well together. They both like Grandpa’s train though it’s hard for two to play with that at once.
Marshall is a chatterbox. He’s always popping out with some piece of 3 yr old wisdom to make us laugh. He did not want to go leave Grandma & Grandpa’s house. “I’m not going home. I stay here. I go home next time.” "CHEESE!"
And baby Jack is a sweet chunk-a-monk. He’s 5 months old. He’s a happy baby who squeals and smiles. He looks so much like my dad. He seemed to like Aunt Jen. There’s nothing like holding a sleeping baby.
. It’s sad to realize that JT is not a toddler any more. He’s almost 5 and growing up way too fast. We wrestled a bit. His laugh still gets me.
You would guess that Jack & JT were brothers, not Jack & Marshall.

The grandparents.
The boys had been upset that Grandpa didn't have a birthday party a few weeks ago. Marshall had insisted on a green cake with blue icing and red candles. And JT couldn't believe that Grandpa wasn't having anyone come over for a party. So we had a little family party and the boys helped Grandpa blow out the candles.
And that was the family Thanksgiving. Also got to catch up with Shannon & her daughter Noel. Shannon walked me through the White Show at Signs of Life Gallery. Shannon & her husband Darin put together this show of all white pieces. And then we walked around downtown Lawrence. It was great to catch up with her and be reminded of what an awesome downtown my hometown has. I was happy to find Taylors of Harrogate’s Spiced Christmas Tea at Brits. And Saturday afternoon, Mom, Dad & I took a spin around the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City.

No comments: