Sunday, October 31, 2010

Week 43

October 25: I started working on my costume for Halloween... dark purple/navy nails.
October 26: Advance voting polling places opened today in Sedgwick County.  I love being able to skip lines on election day.
Then Diesel and I got a spectacular view on our walk thru the park.
October 27: After meeting at the bookstore to choose a new study for our biblestudy, we hung out at Starbucks and I brought scones to share.
October 28: I did an old fashioned on-hands-and-knees scrubbing of the kitchen & dining room tile floor.  It hasn't been this clean since I got the dog. 
October 29: A coworker's girlfriend had an art show that was part of Final Friday.  It was fun...and good art!
October 30: This morning Janel, Gayle & I went on a trolley tour of Wichita.  It was an item on the Wichita Bucket List.  Saw parts of town I'd never been in and learned a lot about the history of town.
On the tour we passed The Patriot Guard.  It was a goose-bump inducing to see them guarding the funeral service of a young soldier from Wichita who died in Afganistan.
Tonight I hosted a costume party.  It was great and there were some very inventive costumes. I was Kat Von D from the show LA Ink. 
October 31: This was my party centerpiece that I get to enjoy for awhile.  The idea was a deconstructed bouquet - bought one bouquet at the store and then broke it up into multiple smaller vases. 

No comments: