Sunday, January 9, 2011

A New Year

I finished the year plus of daily pictures that I set out to do. It was a very fun, enlighting project.  I sometimes had to think to find something to photograph for that day, some I knew well in advance, and others were happy surprises.  But there was always something to celebrate about each day.  It was good to take time to recognize even the little things that make up my daily life.  God has certainly blessed me.  We need to be sure to keep our eyes open for those moments each day to see His hand leading. 
While I don't intend to do daily pictures this year, I will post at least one photo each week.  I still find myself finding moment that I think, "that would be today's picture!"  It is great to recognize little moments, like a beautiful shot of the sun settling along the golf course with wispy clouds in the sky.  Even if you don't take pictures, take time to breathe in those moments.

This week I had the opportunity to attend Wichita State's men's basketball game with Ellen.  It was fun. I haven't been to a game in a long time. We were surrounded by die-hard season ticket holders, and while the first half was ugly, the Shockers ended up winning. 

No comments: