Monday, August 30, 2010

Week 34

August 23: These flowers are in bloom all over the neighborhood.  Pretty, but I have no idea what they are.
August 24: I love the time of year when co-workers bring in the excess from their gardens.  Fresh eggplant and tomatoes - why yes I will and grill them up with some chicken for dinner.
August 25: S'mores Fest at biblestudy tonight.  Yum!
And later I noticed one of the girls added to my shopping list on the fridge.  See anything out of the ordinary?  Janel fessed up to it.  It made me laugh.

August 26: I took Diesel on a walk in the park for the first time in months since it wasn't blazing hot.
August 27: Jesus Prom is a party my church puts on once a year for those with special needs in our community.  Rachel got herself a dancer this year.  They spent the entire night dancing to the band, Three Ring Circus.  It was a fun night.
August 28: I typically eat my meals on the couch and Diesel usually keeps a very close watch with his pathetic puppy face. I rarely give in.
August 29: I love that good food doesn't have to be complicated.  I had 3 plums about to go bad, so I made this plum tart: a sheet of puff pastry dough, 3 sliced plums, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar and bake at 375 F for 30-35 minutes. Voila! Delicious!

No comments: